- The original Thornton fixation ring with Mendez gauge pattern
- Engraving of titanium/ceramic surface provides 5° precision with no glare
- Fixation teeth are peripheral so as not to encroach upon the corneal epithelium
- Bevel slopes down toward the cornea and hovers just above corneal surface
- Minimal vertical interpolation of demarcations
- Ideally used with corneal epithelial premarking (as opposed to scleral because the marks will be hidden under the ring)
- For those interested in a ring for limbal marking, please see our Osher/Nichamin Ring.
- Designed with HV Gimbel, MD, Calgary, Alberta, CAN
- Note: All modern globe fixation rings have their origins based upon designs by Spencer P. Thornton, MD.
- Toric IOL’s
- Astigmatic Keratotomy (AK):
- Limbal Relaxing Incisions (LRI)
- Corneal Relaxing Incisions (CRI)
- Peripheral Corneal Relaxing Incisions (PCRI)